JCI Galway Tourist Guide
The Galway Tourist Guide was published by JCI Galway for nearly 60 years, between 1962 - 2021. The project consists of the printing and free distribution of an 80-page full colour tourist guide to Galway City and County. 60,000 copies were distributed annually.
The high quality full color 80-page Tourist Guide to Galway is launched in April of each year at a reception attended by the local Mayor.
JCI Galway President
The Galway Tourist Guide has been published by JCI Galway for nearly 60 years, between 1962 - 2021.
Galway is a medieval city steeped in history and culture, awarded the European Capital of Culture 2020. Voted the Friendliest City in the World and in 2015 ranked Europe’s Micro-City of the Year.
Produced by a voluntary committee, now in its 47th edition, is the oldest and best-known project organized by JCI Galway. Up to sixty thousand copies of this guide are distributed locally, nationally and internationally each year since 1962.
Since the establishment of JCI Galway in 1961, we have served as a leadership training platform to encourage young people to be active citizens and create positive change in several areas including individual, international, community, and business.
To advertise in the JCI Galway Tourist Guide 2021, please email us with your Name, Address, Number and choose the following:
• Full Page
• Half Page
• Quarter Page
Below is a snapshot about the Galway Tourist Guide. Tourist Guide 2007 (40th edition) - Eolaí Turasóra 2007
- 60,000 Guides distributed locally, nationally and internationally
- Free of charge to tourists
- 80 pages, printed in full colour
- Well known for its convenient size, easy to carry
- Online Guide linked to several web sites worldwide
- Features this year include:
- "City of Tribes" themed walking Tour of Galway City Centre (by Adrian J Martyn)
- Scenic driving tours of the Galway area, including Connemara
- Section on Oughterard and Roundstone
- Top free things to do in Galway
- 'Kick the Wall' tradition
- Accommodation Guide, Restaurant Guide, City Nightlife, Shopping Guide
- Tours and Transport
- Useful map of Galway city in centre pages
- Useful telephone numbers for both tourists and locals alike
- Provides a comprehensive listing of events happening in Galway for the entire year.